Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ice cream

SO many of the low-fat, sugar-free ice creams I checked seem to have "unacceptable" ingredients, so I figured it was time to haul my Cuisinart ice-cream maker and whipped up some Rocky Road, using sugar-free cherry-pie filling, GF choc chips, almonds and regular little marshmallows. YUMMY stuff. I DID add a quarter cup of heavy cream.
2 cups 1% milk
Splenda to taste
1/2 tsp GF vanilla extract
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup cherry filling
1/2 cup marshmallows
when the ice cream is almost "set" add the goodies. Let process until thick. Spoon into a container and put into the freezer. I like to put it into one-serving containers. You can also spoon it into zip-lock freezer bags in individual-serving sizes.
I am going to do some frozen strawberry yogurt today, and make an yogurt "pie' with my GF cookie crumbs.

2 comments:

Absolutely Not Martha said...

just discovered your blog--thought you might be interested in checking out my gf blog that's mixed with other fun stuff!

Cheryl in Colorado said...

Hey Nancy,

What's the portion size and Weight Watchers/nutritional info on that Ice Cream. I'm dying to know! I use my Champion juicer to homogenize frozen fruit into sorbet in the summer. Our fav is dark sweet cherries.