Thursday, May 07, 2009

Where are they???

No sign of potato seedlings yet. hmmmm.
Had my first salad entirely out of the garden last night. YAY! Sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, minced onion. Can't wait to add my lovely peppers and cukes! The first cuke out there is about 1.5 inches long now and there are some more little cukes starting to show up. The squash is producing, but I've promised the "first fruits" there to God, so they have to go over to the Bosco centre.
Also tried fried chicken using white-bean flour and rice flour. Just OK. You can taste the oil a little too strongly. Back to the drawing-board on THAT, too, but it's not bad. I was just about ready to go to KFC and get "glutened, " I was that desperate to have some fried chicken.
The wings I did with the all-purpose GF flour last time were better.
It's a learning-process.
Still, it's nice to know there is cold fried chicken in the fridge! One of my favourite things on earth!!

No comments: