Saturday, November 07, 2009

Tears-in-your-eyes GF Lasagna

This turned out seriously delicious and, had I not jumped up and frozen the leftovers in serving-sizes, we would have eaten the pan-full and licked it clean!
6 Lasagna sheets (I use "Tinkyada" brown rice with bran)
Fresh mozzarella for topping
fillings:
Meat filling:
8 oz minced lean beef or pork
1/2 c chopped peppers (I like to use peppers with a little "heat" but sweet peppers are more trad)
1/2 chopped onions
4 T sun-dried tomato pesto (available in the "spaghetti sauce" aisles)

saute the onions and peppers in a couple of T of oil (olive or grapeseed) until tender then add and brown the meat. Add the pesto after taking the meat out of the pan.

Cheese filling:
1 c skim-milk ricotta
2/3 cup skim-milk shredded mozarella
4-6 T parmesan (I adjust this to taste each time I make a recipe)
1 beaten egg
"Jane's Krazy Mixed-up Salt" to taste

I use Winn-Dixie Italian-style diced tomatoes, which are already seasoned. If I have time, I make my own sauce, but the sauce is up to you. 1 to 2 cans will do it.

Spray or oil a loaf-pan. put one layer of sauce in the bottom and layer on 2 lasagna sheets (boards). Spread a layer of cheese filling, then some meat. Pour on some sauce. Repeat for second layer, finishing off the fillings. Top off with last 2 lasagna sheets, the rest of the sauce and cover with sliced Mozzarella. (Use shredded in a pinch, I just like the way slices melt and toast.)
Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes.
Freezes well.

No comments: